This is easily one of my favorite meals I have ever made. I found the initial recipe for the sesame noodles here and tweaked it a bit to suit my own tastes, mainly adding less oil because that just seemed unnecessary. Then I added in the Sriracha chicken and the veggies to make it a full meal. It was so good that the roommate had two huge servings (killing my chances of taking leftovers for lunch sadly). But speaking of leftovers this is totally a dish that you could make the night before and either reheat the next day or eat cold and it would only taste better add that to the fact that it took me less than an hour to prepare it gets the Eating Like a Grown-up seal of approval.
Sesame Noodles w/ Sriracha Chicken
Time: 30-40 minutes
- For the sesame noodles
- Noodles (I used angel hair pasts because my HEB was out of rice noodles)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons brown sugar
- A drizzle of honey (so to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3.5 tablespoons sesame oil
For the chicken
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 2-3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- Diced chives to taste (I used a little less than a 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup diced carrots (I bought baby carrots and sliced them into 1/4 inch circles)
- 1 bag of fresh snow peas (if you can find the steam bag even better)
- What to do:
For the chicken:
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes
- Heat a skillet to medium (only add oil if pan is not non-stick)
- Add in chicken and all seasonings (including Sriracha) to the skillet and cook partially covered for 10-15 minutes, stirring when needed
- Once chicken is almost cooked through add in carrots and chives and allow to cook for an additional 5 minutes (if your snow peas aren’t in a steam ready bag add them now as well)
- Steam snow peas according to instructions on package and add to chicken
- Cover and remove from heat
For the noodles:
- Prepare noodles according to package
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a large bowl (ensure bowl is large enough for the chicken and veggies to be tossed in)
- Once noodles are cooked toss them in the sauce
- Add in chicken and veggies
- For added heat you can add a bit more Sriracha at this point
- Prepare for greatness
I know that it may seem like a lot but like I said this took me under an hour to prepare because you can kind of do everything all at once. I did all my chopping and prep work at once and while the chicken cooked I prepared the noodles before I knew it everything was done. Also if you feel you may need more sauce for the noodles just whack in some water from the noodles.
If you change the recipe please let me know how it turns out, I love finding new ways to make things!
So you should make this… like now.
When we live in a world where you can access free content of naked consenting women in less than 5 seconds, why are people still invading the privacy of non-consenting women for nudes?
Hint: It has something to do with people feeling entitled to making any woman their personal porn, even if it violates or humiliates her in the process.